This past weekend my parents celebrated their 45th wedding anniversary! It’s pretty incredible to even say the phrase and I feel so fortunate that I have parent’s who set such a great example of a lasting love. In light of this special milestone, I thought I’d share a few things I’ve taken note of over the years that seem to work for them and are sure to keep the love going strong:
– Golf together.
– Have your own interests.
– Always have a dog (or two) to love.
– Eat dinner together at the table.
– Try new things together, especially a wine course!
– Birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, and Fridays are all meant to be celebrated. Enjoy them with champagne as much as possible.
– Surprise each other. Coming home with flowers, a golf club or donuts is always appreciated.
– Support each others passions or hobbies, even if they involve stamps.
– Go out on Christmas Eve and get all the discounted poinsettias for your wife.
– Hiding surprise gifts around the house should be done often.
– Cut your husbands hair… even if it’s the same hairstyle for the past 30 years.
– Travel often and try new things wherever you are, especially margarita happy hour.
– When your wife walks by, smack her butt.
– Set a movie night.
– Candles make things romantic.
– Say “I love you”.
– Kiss often, even when your kids yell out saying its gross.